Susan Bostwick, MD, MBA
Weill Cornell Medical College
Maryellen Gusic, MD
University of Virginia School of Medicine
APL is an 18-month longitudinal program designed to advance the leadership competencies of mid-career academic pediatric health professionals by enhancing the knowledge, skills and behaviors to support their engagement in leadership opportunities locally or within the APA. The program utilizes personal professional coaching, interactive face-to-face learning sessions at PAS meetings and distance learning to prepare participants to address leadership challenges and to augment and strengthen their professional network. Participants construct a career plan for the next steps in their leadership journey and identify strategies to increase their visibility as a leader.
Advance the leadership competencies of mid-career academic pediatric health professionals
By the end of the program participants will be able to:
- Apply enhanced knowledge, skills and behaviors necessary to engage in leadership
- Address leadership challenges in their work environment and/or within the APA
- Advance scholarly work and increase visibility as a leader in their work environment and/or within the APA
- Incorporate coaching as a tool for professional development and in their work supporting others
- Augment and strengthen their network as a resource for professional development
- Construct a plan for the next stage of their career and/or to realize an opportunity for leadership
Learn more about this program by watching this short video.
Currently recruiting: Apply to the APL program.
The deadline has been extended until November 15, 2022