APA’s Regions host a meeting once-a-year. Meetings offer continuing medical education (CME) credits, networking and mentoring events.
New for 2020! Resident Region Meeting Travel Grants
Second-year residents may apply for a small travel grant for residents to attend their respective APA Region Meeting. Applicants selected to receive a travel grant are expected to attend their respective APA Region Meeting in order to receive the funds. Checks will be distributed either at the meeting or mailed shortly after the conclusion of the meeting.
Those who are not selected to receive a travel grant will receive a discounted APA membership for the following year's dues renewal.
New for 2020! Attend Your Region's Meeting & Earn CME
Starting in 2020, all APA Region attendees will earn CME by attending their local Region's annual meeting. Individuals can register for CME for a nominal $25 fee on their Region's meeting registration site.
Find My Region Meetings
Check out the schedule of Region meetings. Not sure which Region you are in? Find out!
Resources for Planning Your Region's Meeting
1. Agenda items
- APA President Intro/PowerPoint
- APA Research network info
- Update on any recruitment of APA scholar programs/awards
2. Meeting materials
- Table cloth (obtained from APA central office)
- APA Membership info
- Flyers (if needed)
- APA Lanyards
- Badges – cardstock and badge holders
- APA Folders
- APA Pens
3. Keynote guidelines/tips to selecting a speaker
- Region Chairs can choose their theme (APA Board of Directors can give provide categories or direction, if necessary)
4. Research abstract presentations and posters
- Timeline for abstracts (see below)
5. Lunch with a networking activity
- Career theme tables (senior mentors are identified for different themes)
- Speed mentoring
- Solicit written works in progress from trainees and allow them to get input from the meeting attendees over lunch.
- Must adhere to selected theme of meeting.
Registration Rates: To expand on standards, the APA now has price ranges for meeting attendees. These are wide ranges, as some regions are a one-day event, others are multi-day and offer CME.
- Students (undergraduate, graduate, medical, nursing):
- Nurses, associate providers, research staff:
- Faculty (MD/DO/PhD) (member, non-member):
Region Meeting Timeline
|Task||Time frame from date of meeting||Deadline||Notes|
|Open registration||3-4 months|
|Open abstract submission site||3 months|
|Deadline for abstracts||2.5-3 months|
|Review abstracts||2-2.5 months|
|Select abstracts||2 months|
|Notify abstract presenters||1.5 months|
|Finalize program||1 month|
|Registration to close||2-3 weeks|
|Printing deadline||2 weeks|
|Print and prepare materials for shipping||1-2 weeks|
|Ship materials||1 week|