The purpose and mission of the Quality Improvement SIG is to lead QI efforts and education within the APA.
Current SIG Goals
- Organize annual SIG presentation at PAS
- Provide networking opportunities for QI leaders
- Support quality improvement education within the APA
This year at PAS 2019 we partnered with the Patient and Family-Centered Care SIG to create an interactive workshop entitled “Co-Production with Families: Incorporating Design Thinking into Quality Improvement”. We engaged participants in an interactive walk-through of the design thinking process to learn how to effectively engage families in co-production related to quality improvement. We introduced skills in each of the three phases of the design-thinking process: inspiration, ideation, and implementation. Each phase contained a short didactic overview followed by hands-on, scenario-based activities in small groups facilitated by experts in design thinking. We were fortunate to be joined by parent advisors who engaged with workshop participants to represent the “end-user” of their design thinking solutions. The workshop had an overall positive response. Next steps for the QI SIG include exploration of future opportunities beyond PAS. We plan to develop a survey of SIG membership to explore an interest in other professional development opportunities such as webinars, journal clubs, and panel discussions.
Other groups (other SIGs and other groups not in the APA) that work in your area of interest:
- Health Care Value SIG (APA) Patient
- Family-Centered Care SIG (APA)
- Evidence-Based Pediatrics SIG (APA)
- Value in Inpatient Pediatrics Network (AAP)
- Quality Improvement Innovations Network (AAP)
- Healthcare Delivery Committee (APA)Â