RAPID holds an annual conference each February/March, with all expenses paid, for current RAPID Scholars and other interested young investigators (residents, fellows, and junior faculty), providing mentorship from the RAPID Program National Advisory Committee.
Highlights of the conference include:
- A panel discussion, conducted by RAPID NAC Members & Directors, who are leading senior researchers in general pediatrics.
- A speed mentoring session in which participants receive one-on-one mentoring from all members of the RAPID NAC & Directors.
- Works-in-progress presentations by current RAPID Scholars.
- Networking opportunities with leaders in the fields of health disparities, health services research, obesity, nutrition, sickle cell disease, immigrant health, and infectious diseases.
- Resources for creating a career development plan towards academic success.