Current SIG Co-Chairs:
Sarah Bauer, MD
Sansanee Craig, MD
Caroline Wright, MD
Current SIG Mentor:
Joseph Zorc, MD
The Health Informatics SIG seeks to increase the exposure of pediatricians to the field of medical informatics and how principles of informatics can be used to improve pediatric patient care, to conduct research and to advance our field as a whole.
Current SIG Goals
- Offer networking opportunities to encourage pediatricians to connect with informatics experts as well as their EHR specific community libraries
- Highlight academic work by SIG members in the field of informatics
- Identify the intersection of clinical informatics with other domains of interest to pediatricians, including process improvement and medical education
This year at the PAS annual meeting, the SIG undertook a variety of activities to address the SIG goals. The SIG co-chairs presented content identifying the intersection of informatics with medical education and clinical documentation. The work of trainees in this area was highlighted, with three oral presentations during the SIG session based on abstracts submitted to the PAS meeting. There was also networking time when attendees participated in lively discussions about their own work and learned about the work of others. Over 40 attendees participated in the activities and the chairs received positive feedback about the various activities offered.
Over the next year, the SIG plans to continue to focus on highlighting and helping disseminate the excellent informatics work done by the pediatric community and to foster communication and collaboration within this community.
Other groups (other SIGs and other groups not in the APA) that work in your area of interest:
- AAP Council on Clinical Information Technology
- APA Simulation-based Medical Education
- APA Quality Improvement SIG