COVID19 has presented numerous challenges for medical educators. Join APA’s Online Professional Development Committee with a diverse panel of pediatric medical educators to share strategies and to promote collaboration and innovation to enhance pediatric leadership toward a more resilient and connected academic pediatric community during these unprecedented times next Tuesday, April 21 at 3 pm ET.
The Corona Virus transformation: appreciating a holistic approach to medical student education comprised of innovative online content creation, adapted virtual learner assessment, incorporated LCME guidelines, advising students through the new barriers of their transition to residency and addressing faculty and student wellness.
- Share innovative ways of creating and implementing curricula using virtual platforms
- Discuss traditional ways of assessing clinical skills and potential ways to design assessment using online learning platforms
- Review current LCME guidelines and discuss adherence when medical students are re-introduced into a restricted clinical experience
- Describe the difficulties in medical student advancement to residency in a pandemic setting and possible solutions
- Share wellness frameworks integrated into learning and assessment to help connect faculty and students during the pandemic and beyond
This program will be recorded for future use.