The Simulation Based Medical Education (SBME) SIG will be discussing simulation funding and publication at our PAS meeting. We are seeking 1 additional speaker with experience getting funding for simulation research or experience with simulation focused publications/journals. We also invite anyone who submits a relevant abstract to PAS to check “SBME” as a potential poster presentation. We will include a number of submitted posters as part of the SIG and give awards for the top trainee and faculty posters. This event is a great opportunity for simulation researchers of every level to meet others with a shared interest, discuss high yield topics, and enjoy a great small audience poster session. Please email Megan Gray email@example.com and Christie Bruno firstname.lastname@example.org, co-chairs for the SBME SIG if you would like to be considered as a speaker and be sure to check SBME on your abstract submissions. See you in Baltimore!
Purpose and Mission
The mission of the APA SBME SIG is to provide a forum to foster simulation-based education, collaboration, and research in pediatrics.
Current SIG Goals
- To foster education and collaboration in medical simulation
- To provide networking opportunities amongst our members
- To provide personal and professional growth amongst our members with regard to various opportunities
The SBME SIG focused on collaborative networks, publishing, and funding this year. Our guest speakers at PAS shared several valuable tips and tricks on how to make simulation research more attainable and take researchers to the next level in their career. We had a wonderful poster symposium and want to encourage simulation researchers to submit their works to the SIG annually so everyone can learn about the happenings in the field from the presenters themselves. If anyone would like to get involved in the simulation networks or be connected to potential collaborators, please reach out and join us!
We are pleased that the Pediatric Simulation Community continues to grow. For more information about upcoming simulation conferences and networking opportunities, please visit the following websites.
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare: Pediatric Section http://www.ssih.org/
- Interest-Groups/Pediatric-Section International Pediatric Simulation Society- http://www.ipssglobal.org/
- IPSS - International Pediatric Simulation Society www.ipssglobal.org - The International Pediatric Simulation Society (IPSS) promotes and supports multi-disciplinary simulation-based education in caring for infants and children
- INSPIRE- International Network for Simulation Innovations Pediatric Research Education http://inspiresim.com/
International Network for Simulation-based Pediatric ... inspiresim.com INSPIRE @ IPSSW 2018 in Amsterdam!
- Join us for our annual in-person meeting at IPSSW on Sunday, May 13th from 1-7pm. INSPIRE is a collaborative group… Association of Pediatric Program Directors Healthcare Simulation Pediatric Education Group https://www.appd.org/activities/PEGs.cfm.
- The Neonatology National Curriculum: https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/Committees-Councils-Sections/Neonatal-Perinatal-Medicine/Neonatologist/Pages/Educational-Resources.aspx