Current SIG Co-Chairs:
Darsha Bhatt, DO
Suma Hoffman, MD
Lindsay Johnston, MD
Current SIG Mentor:
Sharon Calaman, MD
The mission of the SBME SIG is to provide a forum to foster simulation-based education, collaboration, and research in pediatrics.
Current SIG Goals
- To foster education and collaboration in medical simulation
- To provide networking opportunities among our members
- To provide personal and professional growth among our members with regard to various opportunities
Join the Simulation-based Medical Education SIG
APA SIG On SBME: Get Ready to Elevate Your Sim!
- Getting Messy with Moulage: How to Maximize Realism in your Simulation
- Physical Mannequin Adaptation & Training: Innovative Solutions to Maximize Fidelity
- How to Transform Your Simulation-Based Education Into Scholarship – Let’s Get Promoted!
Robert Angert, MD
Rita Dadiz, DO
Megan Gray, MD
Suma Hoffman, MD, MS
Lindsay Johnston MD, Med
FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS
If you are interested in being considered for the “Best Abstract Award” through the SBME SIG, please forward your abstract to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org by April 4, 2022
BE ON THE LOOKOUT! UPCOMING EVENTS IN SIMULATION!
14TH International Pediatric Simulation Symposia & Workshops # IPSSW 2022 (June 10-13 2022, St. Petersburg, FL)
Society for Simulation in Europe #SESAM 2022 (June 15-17 2022, Seville, Spain)
Society for Simulation in Healthcare # IMSH 2023 (January 21-25, 2023, Orlando FL)
The SBME SIG focused on collaborative networks, publishing, and funding this year. Our guest speakers at PAS shared several valuable tips and tricks on how to make simulation research more attainable and take researchers to the next level in their career. We had a wonderful poster symposium and want to encourage simulation researchers to submit their works to the SIG annually so everyone can learn about the happenings in the field from the presenters themselves. If anyone would like to get involved in the simulation networks or be connected to potential collaborators, please reach out and join us! We are pleased that the Pediatric Simulation Community continues to grow. For more information about upcoming simulation conferences and networking opportunities, please visit the following websites.
- Society for Simulation in Healthcare: Pediatric Section http://www.ssih.org/
- Interest-Groups/Pediatric-Section International Pediatric Simulation Society- http://www.ipssglobal.org/
- IPSS - International Pediatric Simulation Society www.ipssglobal.org - The International Pediatric Simulation Society (IPSS) promotes and supports multi-disciplinary simulation-based education in caring for infants and children
- INSPIRE- International Network for Simulation Innovations Pediatric Research Education http://inspiresim.com/ International Network for Simulation-based Pediatric ... inspiresim.com INSPIRE @ IPSSW 2018 in Amsterdam!
- Join us for our annual in-person meeting at IPSSW on Sunday, May 13th from 1-7pm. INSPIRE is a collaborative group… Association of Pediatric Program Directors Healthcare Simulation Pediatric Education Group https://www.appd.org/activities/PEGs.cfm.
- The Neonatology National Curriculum: https://www.aap.org/en-us/about-the-aap/Committees-Councils-Sections/Neonatal-Perinatal-Medicine/Neonatologist/Pages/Educational-Resources.aspx