Current SIG Co-Chairs:
Laura Kair, MD
2516 Stockton Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95817
Phone: (916) 734-7308
Ann Kellams, MD
PO Box 800386
Charlottesville, VA 22911
Phone: (434) 924-5899
Jennifer Murzycki, MD, Ph.D. or other doctorates
14 Mockingbird Lane
Maynard, MA 01754
Phone: (774) -24-2266
Current SIG Mentor:
Carrie Phillipi, MD, Ph.D. or other doctorates
3740 SW JERALD CT
Portland, OR 97221
Phone: (503) -49-6513
Purpose and Mission
- To share and discuss evidence-based information and determine the best clinical practices for the term and late preterm newborns.
- To enhance the teaching of medical students and residents in the fine art and science of newborn care.
- Bring together Newborn medical directors and physicians to share practices in various settings.
- Discuss the latest evidence-based medicine for newborns in order to provide optimal care.
- Identify quality improvement and research efforts that benefit newborns.
Other groups (other SIGs and other groups not in the APA) that work in your area of interest:
- AAP Hospital Medicine Newborn Subsection
- Community Hospital Medicine Subsection Groups