New members will be elected every 3 years through rigorous peer review of application materials including a personal statement, a highlighted annotated curriculum vitae, two letters of support, and an executive summary of educator portfolio.
Applications will be reviewed for productivity (i.e. quality and quantity of work), scholarship, educational excellence, and commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Applications are encouraged from all eligible persons (see Eligibility below).
There is a $125 fee to apply. Please contact us at email@example.com if the fee is a barrier to your submission.
NADEP Applications are now closed
- Be a pediatric educator (MD or PhD or equivalent) who is involved in the education of medical students, residents, fellows, and/or faculty in pediatric educational programs.
- Hold the rank of professor or associate professor (tenured or non-tenured) or equivalent, currently or at time of retirement.
- Demonstrate a record of significant productivity, scholarship, educational excellence, and a strong national reputation for one’s educational work.
In order to minimize the burden of the application process, we have created an online application form where you can upload the relevant documents. We recommend that you closely review all the required materials before completing your application as all materials will be used as criteria for potential selection into NADEP.
Please note that if you are selected to be a member of NADEP, you are required to become a member of the APA, if you are not already a member.
- Personal Statement* (maximum: 250 words) that addresses the following questions:
- What is your personal educational mission/philosophy? How does your educational mission/philosophy align with NADEP’s mission? How do you expect to contribute to NADEP if inducted?
- In what ways have you demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in your career?
- Highlighted Annotated CV*. Please highlight - visually using a highlighting tool - what you consider to be your 5 most significant/impactful contributions to medical education that demonstrate you are a leader in medical education (e.g., educational honors/recognitions, presentations, educational publications). Please include a 1-2 sentence description of each contribution. This can be made in the document itself and highlighted or as a comment if using a document reviewing software.View an example of how to highlight and annotate your CV.
- Executive Summary of Educator Portfolio* (maximum: two pages, 11-point Arial font, single-spaced)
- Executive Summary of Educator Portfolio should include 3 domains of educational activity in which you have contributed significantly in your career. For each, please include significant educational outcomes and dissemination of the work (eg., publications, presentations, workshops). Descriptions of your contributions in each domain should reflect the relative significance of your work.
- Select from the 5 standard educational domains:
- Learner Assessment
- Curriculum Development
- Educational Leadership/Administration.
- View example Executive Summary of Educator Portfolio
- Letters of Support (two)*
- A letter of support from your supervisor at your institution or a senior educator (at your institution or elsewhere)
- A letter of support from a senior educator, peer, or former mentee (at your institution or elsewhere)
- Letters of Support should include:
- Any relevant domains
- A testimony to the impact that the applicant has had locally, regionally, or nationally
* All documents should be uploaded in pdf form.