Dear PAS Meeting Colleagues,
On behalf of the PAS Program Committee, I am pleased to announce the Call for Abstracts is now open. We invite you to submit your scholarship for consideration by PAS, the premier North American scholarly child health meeting.
With thousands of pediatric researchers and educators attending, PAS 2023 offers an exceptional opportunity to showcase your research at a national conference and to a global audience.
As you prepare your submissions, please remember there are pre-submission steps and DEI requirements to complete before the abstract “Submit” button will be activated. Please begin your preparations early to ensure you meet the PAS 2023 abstract deadline of January 4, 2023, at 11:59 pm CT.
Note: Only the Presenting Author may submit, due to DEI requirements.
1. Pre-submission Steps. Before submission, all authors/co-authors must submit the following two required tasks. Submissions cannot be accepted unless the below tasks are completed.
a. Author Information Form
b. COI Disclosure
2. DEI Requirements. All submissions are expected to proactively attend to DEI. PAS continues to commit to reaching our DEI goals, creating a more diverse and inclusive Program and community. (For more information, please read our PAS DEI Statement here).
3. PAS 2023 Highlighted Theme. PAS will continue to build a program schedule around three Highlighted Themes each year. When you submit you will have the opportunity to let us know if your abstract aligns with a Highlighted Theme:
a. The Impact of Policies on Health and Research
b. Addressing & Overcoming Racism in Clinical Care and Research
c. Science is Real: Research, Misinformation, and Trust
4. Pre-recording. All accepted oral abstracts and posters will be required to pre-record prior to the PAS Meeting. Presenting authors will also be expected to attend and present in person. A small number of oral abstracts will be selected for “Live” stream and will be recorded during the presentation in DC. Pre-recording your session will allow those unable to travel to access your science via On Demand. PAS strives to make more meeting content accessible to the pediatric community and your help in this is greatly valued. More information on this is to come.
5. Patient/Family Representation – PAS values the family/patient perspective and encourages their participation within research. You will have the opportunity to let us know if they are a part of your abstract during the submission process.
If you have any questions about abstract submissions, please don’t hesitate to contact the PAS staff directly at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Abstracts page.
Ready to submit?
Thank you for your continued support. We look forward to receiving your submissions. Please mark your calendars to join us in Washington!
Judith S. Shaw EdD, RN, MPH
PAS 2023 Program Chair