The Board of the Academic Pediatrics Association is opening an active search for a Director for the COntinuity Research NETwork (CORNET), the national, practice-based research network of more than 125 pediatric residency programs (~60% of U.S. pediatric residency programs). CORNET reaches more than 6,000 pediatric residents and 1 million children across the country.
The Network Director is responsible for overseeing the overall stability and successful functioning of the network as well as taking it to its next successful chapter! The Network Director leads the Steering and Executive Committees in the cultivation and development of research studies and funding and serves as the primary contact for all investigators interested in collaborating with the network. The Network Director works closely with Committee members to provide mentorship and oversee individual research study progress including identifying funding opportunities, grant writing, refining study design, IRB navigation, site/participant recruitment, data collection, data analysis, and dissemination of findings through peer-reviewed publications, abstract presentations, and workshops. The Network Director is also tasked with working to ensure a sustainable network including grant writing for center grants and engaging in other infrastructure funding efforts.
The Network Director and CORNET are supported by the APA Research and Grants Manager.
The Network Director should be an accomplished researcher in the field of child health with a particular interest and expertise in the primary research themes of CORNET, including continuity clinic-based studies that seek to:
- Study health, healthcare, and disparities among children and families, particularly those most vulnerable and at risk
- Study and improve resident education in pediatric continuity practices
- Engage residents in pediatric primary care research.
The Network Director should:
- Be a member of the APA in good standing
- Champion the APA and its core programming
- Have a background in the clinical practice of pediatric continuity settings
- Have experience leading collaborative initiatives and conducting multi-site work, requiring flexibility and strong, positive interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate a record of successful grant funding, strong writing skills and publications, and a history of mentoring junior researchers
- Possess in-depth knowledge of study design and oversight, research ethics and compliance, and shared governance
- Possess an MD, PhD, EdD, or equivalent
Interested candidates should submit their CV, a statement of interest, a letter of support from their Department Chair, and contact information for three personal references to be called by the search committee to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2021.
Please make sure the statement of interest addresses the following:
- Current and past APA involvement
- Experience with CORNET or other practice-based research networks (PBRNs)
- Experience with collaborative leadership and multi-site work
- Continuity clinic involvement
- Interests aligned with APA mission and CORNET goals, in addition to a commitment to diversity and inclusion
- History of grant writing, publications, and conference presentations
- Understanding of IRB process navigation
- Commitment to mentorship
- Time available to commit to the network
- Support from your home institution and any resources available for conducting CORNET activities