January 10, 2021
How to Apply
2021 Teaching Award for Faculty Application Information
Individuals may nominate themselves or a colleague for the APA junior or mid-level Faculty Teaching Award. To be considered or nominate a colleague for this award, an individual or nominator must:
- Be a current APA member
- Fill out the common application,
- Submit two one-to-two page letters of recommendation explaining why they are deserving of the award
- Submit a mini education portfolio. You may download a template here.
- Submit a CV.
The Teaching Award for Faculty Mid-Level and Teaching Award for Faculty Junior-Level recognize excellence in teaching among APA members through two career teaching awards; Excellence is assessed not only by the quantity of teaching activities but also by the quality of teaching and engagement in the broader education community.
- Amanda Osta, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Alison V. Holmes, MD, MPH for Mid Level Faculty
- Kevin Ching, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Nichole Paradise Black, MD, MEd for Mid Level Faculty
- Margaret Trost, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Christine Cho, MD MPH MEd for Mid Level Faculty
- Elizabeth Hanson, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Michele Etterbeek Long, MD, for Mid Level Faculty
- Michael Ryan, MD, MEd for Junior Faculty
- Melissa Klein, MD, MEd for Mid Level Faculty
- Robert Dudas, MD for Junior Faculty
- Geeta Singhal, MD for Mid Level Faculty
- Jennifer Jackson, MD for Junior Faculty
- Teri Turner, MD for Mid Level Faculty