How to Apply
Teaching Award for Faculty Application Information Individuals may nominate themselves or a colleague for the APA junior or mid-level Faculty Teaching Award. To be considered or nominate a colleague for this award, an individual or nominator must:
- Be a current APA member
- Fill out the common application,
- Submit two one-to-two page letters of recommendation explaining why they are deserving of the award
- Submit a mini education portfolio. You may download a template here.
- Submit a CV.
The application window for 2023 awards is currently closed. Please check back late 2023 for 2024 information.
The Teaching Award for Faculty Mid-Level and Teaching Award for Faculty Junior-Level recognize excellence in teaching among APA members through two career teaching awards; Excellence is assessed not only by the quantity of teaching activities but also by the quality of teaching and engagement in the broader education community.
- Thuy L. Ngo, DO, MEd, for Junior Faculty
- Kenya McNeal-Trice, MD, for Mid Level Faculty
- Emma A. Omoruyi, MD, MPH, for Mid Level Faculty
- Adam D. Wolfe, MD, PhD, for Junior Faculty
- Amanda Osta, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Alison V. Holmes, MD, MPH for Mid Level Faculty
- Kevin Ching, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Nichole Paradise Black, MD, MEd for Mid Level Faculty
- Margaret Trost, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Christine Cho, MD MPH MEd for Mid Level Faculty
- Elizabeth Hanson, MD, for Junior Faculty
- Michele Etterbeek Long, MD, for Mid Level Faculty
- Michael Ryan, MD, MEd for Junior Faculty
- Melissa Klein, MD, MEd for Mid Level Faculty
- Robert Dudas, MD for Junior Faculty
- Geeta Singhal, MD for Mid Level Faculty
- Jennifer Jackson, MD for Junior Faculty
- Teri Turner, MD for Mid Level Faculty