We are now accepting applications for the next Chair/Director of APEX. This person will serve a one-year term as chair-elect (August 2023-July 2024), then serve as Chair (August 2024 after PHM through PHM 2025 and 2026), and then serve a one-year term as immediate past-chair (August 2026-July 2027).
Criteria for the position include (full job descriptions are attached):
- Evidence of leadership in successful educational program development, implementation, and evaluation at the regional or national level
- Evidence of ability to lead diverse teams
- Passion for teaching others to teach
- Vision for the APEX Teaching Program
If you are interested, please submit the following as one pdf:
- CV physically highlighted with relevant experiences
- Statement of interest (<250 words) focusing on what you would like to accomplish during your tenure and how you would lead. It should also include a section highlighting contributions to diversity relevant to the role, and your commitment to expanding diversity/inclusion in APEX (program, teaching, other)
Applications are due Monday, March 20th at 5p PST
Applications will be reviewed by the current chair and representatives of the AAP SOHM and APA leadership.
If you have any questions, please email Nicole Paradise Black