Mission and Vision
The mission of the PEM SIG is to advance the field of pediatric emergency medicine through the presentation of relevant and timely issues in PEM.
Current SIG Goals
- Planning for the 2019 PEM SIG in Baltimore is underway! We anticipate an exciting session at next year’s PAS.
- Planning for the 2019 PEM SIG, PEM Telemedicine…Let’s Connect!, in Baltimore is underway. We anticipate an exciting and engaging 3-hour session at the next PAS. Telemedicine is an important aspect of a pediatric emergency, with more hospitals turning to this important resource as a means to deliver quality care to ill and injured children. We will discuss what’s being done already, including guidelines from the AAP, research, and education in telemedicine, costs and the economic impact of telemedicine in PEM, barriers, and obstacles to telemedicine, and the medical home and future of PEM telemedicine. The exact date, time, and location are TBD. Please check back in January for this information. We look forward to seeing you at the 2019 PEM SIG!
Other groups (other SIGs and other groups not in the APA) that work in your area of interest:
Emergency medicine includes many disciplines and issues relevant to other SIGs.
- Child Abuse SIG
- Injury Control SIG
- Hospital Medicine
- Medical Informatics and EHR SIG
- Patient and Family-Centered Care SIG
- Pediatric Clinical Research Network SIG
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Program Directors SIG
- Quality Improvement SIG
- Qualitative Research SIG
- Simulation-based medical education SIG