How to Apply
Individuals may nominate themselves or a colleague. To be considered or nominate a colleague for this award, an individual or nominator must:
- Be a current APA member
- Fill out the common application
- Submit a copy of the written abstract that was submitted to the upcoming PAS Meeting
- Submit a copy of the acceptance notification provided by PAS
Established in 2016, the Joel Alpert Award is awarded to an abstract accepted to the Pediatric Academic Societies (PAS) Meeting, that is focused on improving the health of underserved children through service, education or advocacy. The Award is supported by donations from Dr. Alpert’s community.
There are two Joel Alpert Award Categories:
The first or last author must be a current member of the APA to be considered for this award.
Nominees must be able to demonstrate the acceptance of their abstract to the upcoming PAS Meeting.
- Zoe Bouchelle, MD, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Yarden Fraiman, MD Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC)
- Rachael Keefe Baylor College of Medicine
- Camila Mateo Harvard-wide Pediatric Health Services Fellowship, Boston Children's Hospitals
- Adam Schickedanz University of California Los Angeles
- John Myers United Nations Foundation
- Laura Gottlieb, MD, MPH Social Needs and Child Health Impacts of Social and Legal Needs Help Desk