The Associate Editor for Health Services Research and Health Equity should have an established reputation as an investigator in pediatric health services research with a strong focus on health disparities.
- Recognized by peers as a leader or emerging leader in pediatric health services research and health equity
- Strong understanding of the methods of health equity research
- Experience conducting health services research with a strong publication record
- Familiarity with both secondary database studies and primary data collection research
- Experience in mentoring trainees who study research questions
- Experience as reviewer of HSR articles for journals (including Academic Pediatrics)
General Editorial Responsibilities (this is expected of all Associate Editors)
- Provide general vision, guidance, and critique for the journal
- Shared responsibility on diversity and inclusion
- Participate in monthly conference calls by editors
- Attend editorial board/editor meeting at PAS
- Conceptualize, solicit and at times author commentaries related to papers published in the journal
Specific Responsibilities-Health Services Research and Equity
- Serve as primary editor for submitted manuscripts (along with other associate editors):
- Conduct initial review, including identifying manuscripts for rejection without peer review
- Select reviewers and alternate reviewers
- Make the editor’s decision based on the reviews (in collaboration with the Editor-in-Chief)
- Provide constructive feedback to authors
- Work closely with the other associate editors in health services research and with health equity concerns including consultation on the reports on children’s healthcare
- Help lead the journal’s anti-racism efforts
Editors may serve as reviewers for other journals but may not serve as an editor for any other medical journals and may not be on editorial boards of other journals if that position involves decision-making for those journals.
Applicants should submit a CV and letter of interest that highlights his/her experience and expertise in health services research. Please submit inquiries and applications to Jean Raphael (Chair of the Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: July 1, 2022
We strongly encourage applications by individuals who are underrepresented in pediatrics.