The Yale School of Medicine Department of Pediatrics is seeking an outstanding pediatrician to be the next Section Chief of General Pediatrics to lead a group of 29 faculty members in our mission of delivering the highest quality care to patients and their families at our Primary Care Centers at both the New Haven and Bridgeport Campuses of Yale-New Haven Children’s Hospital. Yale has always been the dominant provider of specialized medical and surgical services in Connecticut and every employee understands and shares in the values of integrity, patient-centered respect, accountability, and compassion for others. The new Chief of General Pediatrics will be a strong leader who is deeply committed to the three-fold mission of the Yale School of Medicine: clinical care, education, and research.
- Associate or full professor ranking; an outstanding track record of clinical excellence, research, and/or mentoring in pediatrics
- This position is a great opportunity for someone who is focused on building a dynamic research effort in our section and who can contribute to expanding the department’s research capabilities
- We are particularly looking for someone who can build and advance the section’s research portfolio, especially (but not exclusively) in health services research, implementation science, community-engaged research and/or research in health disparities.
- Yale University – Ranked #3 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges – National Universities, Yale comprises the College, the Graduate School of Arts, and 12 professional schools.
- Located alongside the Long Island Sound, New Haven Connecticut is a charming community offering a remarkable quality of life for all of its residents
- Four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing
- Excellent public and private schools as well as local colleges and universities
- Convenient access to New York City, Boston, and Providence
- Ranked #15 by Niche in “Most Diverse Cities in America”
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Jay Torio at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference PED-133658
About the Organization