The Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University in conjunction with Nemours Children’s Hospital, Delaware is seeking to recruit a dynamic and innovative Program Director to lead our ACGME accredited Pediatric residency training program. The Sidney Kimmel Medical College residency program at Nemours Children’s Hospital, DE has 66 residents and 3 Chief Residents. Nemours Children’s Hospital attracts a diverse cohort of residents from across the country who graduate from top-notch allopathic/osteopathic medical schools. We also have 18 fellowship programs and a rich research program for residents. About half our residents continue with fellowship training, and half choose to practice general pediatrics after graduating. In addition to the core residency program, there are two additional pediatric residencies for Pediatrics/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as well as Child Neurology. The program also provides pediatric training for the Internal Medicine Pediatrics residency program sponsored by nearby Christiana Care.
The categorical Pediatrics Residency Program Director will be responsible for the direct oversight of all educational activities within the program and will report to the Chair of Pediatrics, with a dotted line to the Vice-chair of Education and DIO. The Program Director will work closely with the Associate and Assistant Program Directors, the Director of Graduate Medical Education, Division Chiefs and other institutional and departmental training program directors to advance the educational mission of Sidney Kimmel Medical College and Nemours Children’s Hospital, DE.
The 1.0 FTE position entails 0.50 FTE for the Residency Director role and 0.5 FTE for clinical care in the appropriate area of clinical training and expertise. The program director will:
- Develop innovative educational experiences to prepare residency program graduates for the current and future practice of academic, general and subspecialty pediatrics
- Provide administrative oversight of the residency curriculum ensuring compliance with all ACGME, American Board of Pediatrics (ABP), University and Hospital requirements
- Maintain American Board of Pediatrics eligibility for all residents
- Lead the annual recruitment effort for the categorical pediatric residency program
- Appoint the Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) for the residency program who will advise the program director regarding each resident’s progress
- Oversee individualized learning plans for residents, and ensure that each resident completes the mandatory ACMGE required residency education in addition to appropriate individualized curriculum as per their learning needs and career plans
- Select, mentor and supervise Chief Residents in their educational and administrative role in the program
- Appoint the Program Evaluation Committee (PEC) who will advise the program director through program oversight
- Represent the residency program on Nemours’ Children’s Hospital, DE and Sidney Kimmel Medical College committees
- Oversee residency program budget in partnership with the GME Office and Chair of Pediatrics
- Serve as advisor to residents and appoint and oversee additional resident advisors
- Advise heads, associate chairs of education and Chair of pediatrics on selection of faculty members to participate in residency program education and recruitment
- Serve as a liaison to Sidney Kimmel Medical College students about the residency program
Applicants must have a MD/DO degree or equivalent, be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Delaware, and be board certified in pediatrics and meeting the requirements for Maintenance of Certification in pediatrics or a pediatric subspecialty. The program director must have at least three years of documented education and/or administrative experience in educational programming or leadership.
For confidential consideration, please forward your formal CV to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
About the Organization
Located in Wilmington, DE, Nemours Children’s Hospital, DE is the founding hospital in the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 210-bed pediatric hospital features the area’s only pediatric Level 1 Trauma Center. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours Hospital, DE blends the healing power of nature with the latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the children of Delaware Valley and beyond. In keeping with our goal of bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located throughout the region. Our pediatric residents rotate at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital (only 30 minutes from NCH, DE) and Christiana Care for outpatient pediatrics, neonatology, and newborn care rotations.
Nemours offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package that includes bonus incentives, relocation allowance, life insurance, comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, CME and board maintenance allowances, 403b retirement plan with employer matching and an additional 457b retirement savings plan, educational allowance, paid licensure and malpractice fees, professional membership dues allowance, and more.
Regardless of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran’s status, military leave, or other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state, or local law, Nemours affords equal opportunity to all qualified Associates and applicants for employment. We stand together in our dedication to the health and well-being of all children, embracing their diversity as well.