The University of Connecticut (UConn) School of Medicine, in conjunction with Connecticut Children’s, is seeking to recruit a dynamic and innovative Program Director to lead our fully ACGME accredited Pediatrics residency training program.
The UConn Pediatric residency program at Connecticut Children’s has 60 residents and 3 chief residents. Our curriculum is individualized with 22 pathways within 4 concentrations of study. In addition to the core residency program, UConn’s Department of Pediatrics sponsors six (and soon to be seven) fellowship programs.
The categorical Pediatrics Residency Program Director will be responsible for the direct oversight of all educational activities within the program and will report to the Chair of Pediatrics and the UConn GME Office. The Program Director will work closely with the Director of Medical Student Education in Pediatrics, Associate Chair for Education, Division Chiefs, and other institutional and departmental training program directors to advance the educational mission of UConn School of Medicine and Connecticut Children’s.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position with 0.8 FTE allocated to the following administrative/educational responsibilities:
- Develop innovative educational experiences to prepare residency program graduates for the current and future practice of academic, general, and subspecialty pediatrics.
- Provide administrative oversight of the residency curriculum ensuring compliance with all ACGME, University, and Hospital requirements
- Maintain American Board of Pediatrics eligibility for all residents
- Lead the annual recruitment effort for the categorical pediatric residency program
- Appoint and oversee the Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) for the residency program
- Oversee individualized learning plans for residents
- Select, mentor, and supervise Chief Residents
- Lead the Program Evaluation Committee (PEC)
- Represent the residency program on Connecticut Children’s and UConn School of Medicine committees
- Oversee residency program budget in partnership with the GME Office and chair of Pediatrics.
- Oversee resident advisors and serve as an advisor for a portion of residents
- Advise division heads, associate chairs of education, and chair of pediatrics on the selection of faculty members to participate in residency program education
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- MD degree or equivalent
- Significant experience in graduate and/or undergraduate medical education
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, outstanding interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in consensus building, problem-solving, and change management. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking and bring creativity and innovation to the program
- Eligible for an unrestricted medical license in Connecticut
- Board certification in Pediatrics, meeting the requirements for Maintenance of Certification in pediatrics or a subspecialty of pediatrics through The American Board of Pediatrics (ABP)
- Candidates from backgrounds underrepresented in medicine are encouraged to apply.
The University of Connecticut and Connecticut Children’s are committed to non-discrimination with respect to race, creed, color, religion, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, national origin, political opinions or affiliations, genetic information and veteran status in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training.
For immediate consideration please inquire with an updated copy of your CV so we can discuss the position by phone. Also, inform me of your best available times to speak. I look forward to your reply and thank you for your review. Please do not delay as we anticipate a significant response.
Please contact Kendra Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 866-406-0269 and reference RPD-137679
About the Organization
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.