The University of Florida, Department of Pediatrics, is seeking a dynamic and innovative Program Director to lead our Pediatrics residency training program at UF Health Gainesville, Florida as full-time faculty member at the tenure or non-tenure accruing level of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor. The Pediatrics Residency Program Director will be responsible for the direct oversight of all educational activities within the program and will report to the Chair of Pediatrics and the University of Florida as well as the GME office. The Program Director will work closely with the Director of Medical Student Education in Pediatrics, Vice Chair for Education, Division Chiefs, and other institutional and departmental training program directors to advance the educational mission of University of Florida, College of Medicine and the Pediatric Department. Excellence in teaching medical students, residents, and fellows is expected. Salary and faculty rank will be commensurate with experience and academic qualifications. Applicants must have an M.D. degree or equivalent and be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Florida.
The University of Florida Department of Pediatrics is dedicated to improving the health of infants, children, and adolescents through world-class patient care, leading-edge research, and patient advocacy. UF Health Shands Children’s Hospital is No. 1 in Florida, nationally ranked in eight medical specialties. Gainesville is a vibrant university community with diverse cultural and culinary offerings, easy access to nature, low cost of living, and no state income tax, all within 1-2 hours of renowned beaches and theme parks.
This is a full-time (1.0 FTE) position with 0.5 FTE clinical assignment aligned with your medical specialty and 0.5FTE allocated to the following administrative/educational responsibilities:
- Develop innovative educational experiences to prepare residency program graduates for the current and future practice of academic, general, and subspecialty
- Provide administrative oversight of the residency curriculum ensuring compliance with all ACGME, University, and Hospital requirements.
- Maintain American Board of Pediatrics eligibility for all
- Lead the annual recruitment effort for the categorical pediatric residency program.
- Appoint and oversee the Clinical Competency Committee (CCC) for the residency program.
- Oversee individualized learning plans for
- Select, mentor, and supervise Chief Residents.
- Lead the Program Evaluation Committee (PEC).
- Represent the residency program on University of Florida College of Medicine, and Department of Pediatrics committees.
- Oversee residency program budget in partnership with the Pediatric Graduate Medical Education (PME) Office, Department Director and the Chair of Pediatrics.
- Oversee resident advisors and serve as an advisor for a portion of residents.
- Advise division heads, vice chairs of education, and chair of pediatrics on the selection of faculty members to participate in residency program education.
Minimum Requirements: Applicants must have an M.D degree or equivalent and be licensed or eligible for licensure in the state of Florida
Preferred Qualifications: Significant experience in graduate and/or undergraduate medical education desired.
About the Organization