Atrium Health Navicent Medical Group (AHNMG) is seeking a Pediatric Residency Program Director in beautiful and historic Macon, Georgia. Macon is situated south of metropolitan Atlanta and within driving distance to the mountains and barrier islands of Georgia. We are a family-oriented community, rich with values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting growth, and creative talents.
The Residency Program Director is responsible for leading the residency program through detailed oversight of the residency training program, following all ACGME and institutional requirements, policies, and procedures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Meet and/or exceed the ACGME requirements for program accreditation
- Meet and/or exceed the GME institutional requirements for a residency program, including membership within the GME Committee
- Oversight of the educational program for resident physicians, including curriculum, didactics, and rotational experiences
- Create and maintain an environment of scholarly inquiry, professionalism and diversity / inclusiveness for residents, faculty, and staff
- In conjunction with the department Chair, appoint, facilitate professional development of academic skills, and evaluate faculty
- Facilitate, track, and monitor faculty and resident’s development and participation in teaching, patient safety / quality, scholarly activities, and well-being
- Complete all required documents and documentation in a timely manner, as related to being an accredited residency program
- Previous experience as an academic faculty member (minimum of 3 years)
- Must be Board Certified
- Active Georgia License or ability to obtain
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
For more information on this unique opportunity with Atrium Health Navicent Medical Group, please contact Jenny Willis; email@example.com or 478-633-6946
We encourage you to visit our websites at www.navicenthealth.org to learn more about our health system and our Pediatric Residency Program at https://www.navicenthealth.org/service-center/pediatrics-residency-program/home.
About the Organization
AHNMG is an established multispecialty group of 200 + providers who provide professional medical services to the Atrium Health Navicent Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital, Atrium Health Navicent, Atrium Health Navicent Baldwin, and Atrium Health Navicent Peach. Atrium Health Navicent is a 637-bed level one trauma center. Atrium Health Navicent Beverly Knight Olson Children’s Hospital (AHNBKOCH), serving 45,000 plus patients annually from 29 primary and 50 secondary Central and South Georgia counties, is the regions only dedicated pediatric hospital and one of the largest pediatric providers in the State. We are looking for a Pediatric Residency Program Director to join a well-established program.
In strategic partnership with Atrium Health, Atrium Health Navicent has seen phenomenal growth and expansion fostered by a cohesive Physician and Administrative leadership team striving to achieve our mission to improve health, elevate hope, and advance healing for all with a vision to be the national leader for health, learning, and community.