Pediatric Pulmonologist, Physician Scientist
Jacksonville, FL, United States
The Division of Pulmonology & Pharmacology at Nemours Children’s Health in Jacksonville is seeking a physician scientist to join its division. This is a full-time employed position with ample teaching and research opportunities.
The Pulmonary Division has had a strong track record of accomplishments in the delivery of clinical services to children with lung disease, as well as the conduct of clinical research. There is a need to expand our clinical service and to also enhance our research and academic portfolio by pursuing a physician scientist to join our division.
The successful candidate will hold an MD/DO, or foreign equivalent degree, be board certified in Pediatric Pulmonology and eligible for unrestricted Florida medical license. Preference will be given to clinical researchers either in clinical science or translational science or pharmacology, with current ground-work already in progress, or able to develop such work.
Opportunity and Program highlights:
- Nemours Children’s Health Jacksonville is the only pediatric pulmonary group in our catchment area in North Florida and South Georgia with a steady increase in referrals as the population has grown.
- We are a division of four (4) physicians; with a full complement of ancillary staff including excellent administrative and clinical support that includes ten (10) clinical support staff including nurses, social worker, dietitian, and respiratory therapists. Our team also includes a PharmD pharmacologist with a long track record of funded research in the area of asthma management.
- Inpatient medical care provided at our adjacent state-of-the-art partner hospital Wolfson Children’s Hospital
- We have an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Foundation care center and an established partnership with Mayo Clinic Florida for adult CF care, lung transplant and transition. Our Therapeutic Development Network site has 6 current active studies.
- Nemours is a leading site in the American Lung Association Airways Clinical Research Centers network, which provides opportunities for developing collaborative research and obtaining funding through the American Lung Association.
- The division has a long-standing record of participation in successful clinical research in asthma, cystic fibrosis and related pharmacology funded by NIH, CFF, private foundations and industry.
- Phase I and II studies and complex therapeutic and physiologic studies possible through a well-staffed Pediatric Clinical Research Center at our partner hospital.
- We actively participate in graduate and post graduate education of residents and fellows as well as medical students of the University of Florida Jacksonville and Mayo Clinic programs.
- Academic faculty appointments available through Mayo Medical School and the University of Florida, Jacksonville.
- Research support will be commensurate to individual’s accomplishments and potential.
Learn more about Nemours Children’s Health and our Mission: Nemours’ Mission
For confidential consideration, please provide your CV and cover letter to:
Fernando Moncada, CPRP
With a CC to:
Charles McCaslin, MD
Division Chief, Director Cystic Fibrosis Care Center
With three clinic locations in the Jacksonville area, Nemours Children’s Health is a leading provider of pediatric specialty care in north Florida with many of our pediatric specialists regularly recognized as the “Best Doctors in America®.” We offer comprehensive, family-centered care in more than 30 pediatric specialties. Several of those specialties, offered in collaboration with Wolfson Children’s Hospital, have been named among the best in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Jacksonville is Florida’s River City by the Sea. With 840 square miles, it is the largest city in the United States. It is a city that still has a small-town atmosphere but has grown to become a sophisticated business city with a penchant for culture, sports and exceptional quality of life.
The area is home to over 35 miles of sandy, white beaches; more than 55 world-class golf courses, including the Stadium Course at Sawgrass, beautiful state parks; luxurious spas and resorts. Cultural attractions include the Jacksonville Symphony; the Florida Theatre, which offers national performers on stage nearly every night of the year; touring Broadway shows; and the Museum of Science and History.
Nemours offers a competitive salary and extensive benefits package that includes bonus incentives, relocation allowance, life insurance, comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage, CME and board maintenance allowances, retirement plan with employer matching and an additional 457B retirement savings plan, paid time off, paid parental time off, educational allowance, paid licensure and malpractice fees, professional membership dues allowance, and more.
As one of the nation’s premier pediatric health care systems, we’ve made a promise to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. It’s a promise that extends beyond our nationally recognized clinical treatment to an entire integrated spectrum of research, advocacy, education, and prevention.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion guide our growth and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about, and committed to, leading efforts to provide culturally relevant care, reducing health disparities, and helping build a diverse and inclusive environment. All Nemours Associates are expected to ensure that these philosophies are embedded in their day-to-day work with colleagues, patients and families.
Nemours aspires to have its workforce and providers reflect the rich diversity of the communities we serve. Candidates of diverse backgrounds, race and ethnicity, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, and those committed to working with diverse populations and conversant in multicultural values are strongly encouraged to apply. Please click here to review Nemours Anti-Racism Statement (nemours.org).
To learn more about Nemours and our commitment to treat every child as if they were our own, visit us at www.nemours.org.
ABOUT THE TEAM
At Nemours, our physicians work together — across specialties, clinics, and hospitals — to give children care that’s among the safest, most caring, and compassionate. This unique collaboration has earned Nemours a place among the most respected pediatric health care systems in the nation.
As part of a pediatric health system with both clinical and academic partnerships, we are 100% focused on ensuring a healthier future for children. We strive for excellent outcomes across all of our medical and surgical specialties – and we measure these outcomes in order to provide consistent, top-rated care.
Nemours physicians are committed to family-centered care and to making families true partners in every aspect of a child’s treatment and care.
About the Organization