Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Pediatric Palliative Care Opportunity
Greenville, South Carolina
Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks BC/BE Pediatric Palliative Care Physicians to join an established inpatient Pediatric Supportive Care team and the outpatient Ferlauto Center for Complex Pediatric Care.
The Pediatric Supportive Care team is comprised of 3 physicians, a nurse practitioner, pediatric psychologist, nurse navigator, and child life specialists working in concert with various pediatric specialists across the health system. The team collaborates with Maternal-Fetal Medicine in the Advance Fetal Care Center to provide Perinatal Palliative Care services. Average daily census of 25 patients, with over 350 new consults over the past fiscal year.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Pediatric Palliative Care consultation services for our inpatient pediatric wards, PICU, NICU.
- Clinical teaching to medical students, residents and Hospice & Palliative Medicine fellows during their pediatric palliative care elective.
- Proving education to Peds and Med Peds residents on 2-4 week Pediatric Palliative Care elective, Hospice & Palliative Medicine fellows from University of South Carolina School of Medicine – Columbia & Spartanburg Regional Health System on a 2-week required Pediatric Palliative Care rotation, and Pediatric faculty and staff to enhance primary palliative care via various scheduled educational series.
- Opportunities to participle or lead academic pursuits based on candidate interests with protected time provided.
The Ferlauto Center for Complex Pediatric Care is a primary care outpatient practice centered around patients who meet a narrow definition of Children with Medical Complexity. We use a team-based approach with on-site RN care coordination and nutrition services to provide well care, sick care, and care plan oversight to more than 300 families with Children with Medical Complexity. The Ferlauto Center team consists of 4 physicians, 2 RN Care Coordinators, 2 registered Dieticians, three nurses, as well as three admin staff shared with a co–located outpatient infusion center.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Working 4 half day sessions a week in the Center
- Providing continuity of care by doing routine well care and care plan oversight visits to your own panel of patients
- Participating in family center care by accepting siblings of complex patients when that is beneficial to the family
- Clinical teaching to 4th year medical students and residents and upper-level Pediatric & Med-Peds residents
- Competitive pay
- Professional expense allowance
- Paid malpractice with tail coverage
- Generous paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 acute and specialty hospitals, 2,947 beds and more than 300 outpatient sites with nearly 2,000 physicians, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually in its 21-county market area that covers 50% of South Carolina. Prisma Health’s goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. www.prismahealth.org
The city of Greenville is true gem in the Southeast consistently ranked as one of the best places to visit, eat and live worldwide. https://www.travelandleisure.com/trip-ideas/greenville-south-carolina-hotels-restaurants-bars-shops
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest and CV to:
Lexy Doane, Physician Recruiter
Prisma Health is an equal opportunity employer which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Top of Form
Please email Lexy.Doane@prismahealth.org with an updated CV and Cover Letter.
About the Organization