The Department of Pediatrics at the Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) is seeking an additional Pediatric Hospital Medicine physician to work in the beautiful and historic Charleston, West Virginia area serving children throughout the state. CAMC is the largest hospital in southern West Virginia and serves a large area of the state and region.
• Health, Life, Liability and Long-Term Disability insurance plus Pension Plan
• Competitive Base Compensation
• Signing bonus and relocation expenses
• Fellowship stipend available
• Join a team of pediatric hospitalists providing patient care and teaching to our residents and students
• Free-standing Children’s Hospital with state-of-the-art technology, pediatric-focused ancillary services, and dedicated resources to support the hospital medicine program
• Protected time for teaching and program development
• Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics. Subspecialty Certification in Pediatric Hospital Medicine preferred
• Eligibility for a West Virginia Medical License
• Passion for providing outstanding clinical care to a diverse population and strong interest in teaching
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
CAMC is 958-bed academic medical center and is one of the state’s top health care providers, with four hospitals and over 700 physicians on staff as well as a workforce of over 7,000 employees. We serve a primary and secondary service area of 12 counties with a population of over 560,000 (approximately 30% of the total population of the state).
At CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital, we are committed to providing life-changing and life-saving care to our community. Every day, we are dedicated to improving and advancing the wellbeing and health of the families we serve through quality clinical care, innovative research, and medical education. Our compassionate, expert team of physicians encompasses multiple specialties and services so that families can find top-notch care close to home.
Our pediatric services include:
• 36-bed General Pediatrics/Adolescent Unit
• 26-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
• 6-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (with four additional transitional care beds)
• Pediatric Emergency Medicine Center
• Outpatient Subspecialty Clinic and General Pediatrics Practices on campus
We are also home to the CAMC Institute of Academic Medicine Pediatric Residency Program with 21 residents, and we are a regional campus for WVU School of Medicine and WV School of Osteopathic Medicine.