The Institute for Academic Medicine at Charleston Area Medical Center (CAMC) is seeking a Pediatric Gastroenterologist to work in the beautiful and historic Charleston, West Virginia area serving children throughout the state. CAMC is the largest hospital in southern West Virginia and serves a large area of the state and region. Our department also sponsors a pediatric resident program and we support a large number of medical students for their clinical training.
- Health, Life, Liability and Long-Term Disability insurance plus 401k Plan
- Competitive Base Compensation
- Signing bonus
- Fellowship stipend available
- Join two other gastroenterologists and an experienced APP an help grow and enhance our pediatric gastroenterology program
- Free-standing Children’s Hospital with state-of-the-art technology, pediatric-focused ancillary services, and dedicated resources to support the division
- Clinically, the position includes inpatient and ambulatory care, with a focus on expanding our referral base throughout the region
- Protected time for teaching and academic development
- Board Certification or Eligibility in Pediatrics with Subspecialty Certification in Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Eligibility for a West Virginia Medical License
- Passion for providing outstanding clinical care to a diverse population and strong interest in teaching
Please submit application to email@example.com
About the Organization
CAMC is 958-bed academic medical center and is one of the state’s top health care providers, with four hospitals and over 700 physicians on staff as well as a workforce of over 7,000 employees. We serve a primary and secondary service area of 12 counties with a population of over 560,000 (approximately 30% of the total population of the state).
At CAMC Women and Children’s Hospital, we are committed to providing life-changing and life-saving care to our community. Every day, we are dedicated to improving and advancing the wellbeing and health of the families we serve through quality clinical care, innovative research, and medical education. Our compassionate, expert team of physicians encompasses multiple specialties and services so that families can find top-notch care close to home. Our pediatric services include:
- 30-bed General Pediatrics/Adolescent Unit
- 30-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- 9-bed Level I Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Center
- Outpatient Subspecialty Clinic and General Pediatrics Practices on campus
We are also home to the CAMC Institute for Academic Medicine Pediatric Residency Program with 21 residents, and we are a regional campus for WVU School of Medicine and WV School of Osteopathic Medicine.
About Charleston, WV
Charleston is the state capital and largest city in the state. We are proud of our diverse population, amazing outdoor activities, and excellent schools. We are centrally located to numerous major metropolitan areas in North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Washington, DC. In addition, Charleston offers a Downtown district filled with eclectic galleries, chic boutiques, and unique restaurants, breweries, and distilleries. Housing is affordable in a community-oriented locale. This area boasts a vibrant academic and professional community and offers a balanced professional career and a fulfilling personal lifestyle. Come see what our family-oriented community can offer you in terms of quality of life!