The Departments of Emergency Medicine and Pediatrics in partnership with the Institute for Academic Medicine at Charleston Area Medical Center are recruiting pediatric emergency medicine physicians to work at our Women & Children’s Hospital located in Charleston, WV. We aim to hire 2-3 physicians, including a more senior clinician-leader to help us develop and grow the program. All positions include protected time for teaching medical students and residents, along with opportunities to pursue scholarly activity based on the candidate’s interests. Our 120-bed dedicated Women & Children’s Hospital is a part of a large medical school-affiliated regional referral center with a catchment area of 562,000. In addition to a full range of pediatric specialists and surgeons, we have in-house neonatologists in our Level III NICU and pediatric intensivists in our level 1 PICU. Charleston Area Medical Center also sponsors an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine residency program with 20 residents and an ACGME-accredited pediatric residency program with 21 residents.
- MD or DO degree from an accredited university medical school
- Completion of an Emergency Medicine Residency and a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship or completion of a Pediatric Residency and a Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship
- Board Certification or Board Eligible (ABEM/ABP or AOBEM/AOBP) in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Charleston Area Medical Center
- Eligibility for a West Virginia Medical License
Please submit application to email@example.com
About the Organization
Charleston is the state capital and largest city in the state. We are proud of our diverse population, amazing outdoor activities, and excellent schools. We are centrally located to numerous major metropolitan areas in North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia and Washington, DC, and Yeager International Airport is just 5 miles from the hospital. In addition, Charleston offers a Downtown district filled with eclectic galleries, chic boutiques, and unique restaurants. The area boasts a vibrant academic and professional community that offers a balanced professional career and a fulfilling personal lifestyle. Come see what our community can offer you!