Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a BC/BE Pediatrician to join a growing team in our Pediatric Child Abuse Division. The full-time position is open to a physician who is trained in Child Abuse, or in General Pediatrics with a strong interest in child abuse. The position will include direct patient care, as well as responsibility for teaching. The general pediatrician candidate will be provided training during the first year of employment.
- Join a team of 3 MDs and 2 APPs with a patient-first philosophy of care, compassion, and clinical excellence.
- Provide medical services to a 13-county region in the Midlands of South Carolina affiliated with a tertiary Children’s Hospital.
- Enjoy a thriving clinical program with two main outpatient practice locations
- As part of the faculty for the USC School of Medicine and a department with 20 subspeciality divisions, the physician will be very involved in resident and student teaching. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
- Be part of an award-winning Pediatrics Department recognized as the best teaching department for 28 out of the last 31 years.
- South Carolina has a well-integrated statewide medical response system for child abuse
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Successful Completion of Residency; Board Certified or Board Eligible; Medical Staff Privileges
South Carolina Medical License
South Carolina Controlled Substance License
Drug Enforcement Agency Number
Please send your CV to Lexy.Mason@prismahealth.org
About the Organization
The Department of Pediatrics has a record of academic achievement, financial success, and high faculty morale. The Department along with our freestanding Children’s Hospital presently provide 151,000 patient encounters annually with 7,500 admissions and over 30,000 pediatric emergency room visits. The department has 18 divisions, is actively growing with planned new programs and faculty hires throughout. While primarily teaching clinicians, some faculty are engaged in research with infrastructure support.
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Its goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Columbia is the state capital, and home to the University of South Carolina’s main campus. It is ideally located near beautiful mountains, beaches and lakes, we also enjoy a diverse and thriving economy, excellent quality of life and wonderful cultural and educational opportunities.