The Section of General Academic Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine of Wake Forest School of Medicine and Brenner Children’s Hospital (BCH) is seeking a full-time Academic General Pediatrician to join our faculty. We are seeking a faculty member who has special interest in working in the newborn nursery.
What We Have to Offer:
- CME Reimbursement: Receive up to $4,000 and generous PTO for Continuing Medical Education.
- Paid-Time Off: Unlimited vacation to enjoy an appropriate work-life balance.
- Relocation Assistance: Up to $10,000 in relocation assistance, paid within the first 30 days of employment.
- Schedule Mix: 0.8 FTE position; 0.6 FTE in NB nursery & 0.2 FTE in outpatient clinic. * Opportunities available for physicians who prefer fulltime nursery*
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Day 1 health, dental & vision insurance, competitive retirement plan, tuition concession (upon eligibility) & much more!
- Career Growth & Stability: Experience a rewarding career with ample opportunities for advancement, research and QI. You will be supported by a consistently high patient volume and an excellent colleagues and leadership.
Work in a Supportive & Collaborative Environment:
General Academic Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine is a strong collaborative section composed of 24 pediatricians across all ranks and three Advanced Practice Providers. Additionally, our esteemed Pediatric Rheumatology program is housed within our section. Clinical care includes staffing the newborn nursery in a state-of-the-art labor and delivery suite and mother baby unit, serving a diverse population. Pediatrician will be in charge of the supervision of Pediatric & Family Medicine residents, and medical students, providing evidence-based care to the patients. We support academic career goals by providing support for scholarly projects in education, research, QI and advocacy. The primary care clinic, a certified patient-centered medical home for an under resourced population, is the primary teaching site for our pediatric residency program. All faculty members are active in a wide array of scholarships including clinical research, advocacy, quality & safety as well as education.
General Pediatrician Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited M.D. or D.O. medical school
- Current North Carolina medical license
- BC/BE in Pediatrics
Where You’ll Live:
The picturesque cities of North Carolina’s Piedmont Triad region are ranked among US News & World Report’s Top 50 Best Places to Live and Top 40 Best Places to Retire in 2023. This includes:
- Affordable Living: Enjoy a family-friendly and affordable area, with housing costs 31% below the national average.
- Great Schools: Access to top-notch educational institutions and high-ranking school systems provide excellent opportunities for personal and academic growth.
- Vibrant Neighborhoods: Join a regional population of 1.6 million residents, where lively downtowns and family-orientated neighborhoods create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
When faculty join Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, they are welcomed into an inclusive culture that celebrates and respects the contributions a diverse team can make together. In our nationally-renowned integrated health system, you can work alongside the most advanced minds in medicine to improve medicine, elevate hope and advance healing – for all.
For more Information Contact:
Jackie Aubert, Sr. HR Consultant – email@example.com
Dr. Anca Safta, Associate Professor, Pediatrics -Gastroenterology – firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Wake Forest University School of Medicine (WFUSM) is a U.S. News and World Report top 50 ranked medical school, integrated with a world-class health system, Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist (AHWFB). WFUSM, the academic core of Atrium Health Enterprise, is a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research that includes Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery. WFUSM, has over $300M in annual, extramural funding that drives a cutting-edge Academic Learning Health System by integrating innovative research with excellent patient care across our enterprise.
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina and is part of Advocate Health, which is headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is the fifth-largest nonprofit health system in the United States, created from the combination of Atrium Health and Advocate Aurora Health. AHWFB is an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 300 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,700 physicians.
Our highly integrated academic and clinical environment is deeply committed to improving health, elevating hope, and advancing healing – for all.