Director, Inpatient Pediatrics
The Department of Pediatrics at New York-Presbyterian/Queens is looking for a Board-Certified Pediatrician with leadership experience to serve as the Director of Inpatient Pediatrics in Flushing, Queens. This is an outstanding opportunity for a pediatric leader with an interest in joining a growing and well-developed hospitalist program to oversee clinical services to patients requiring inpatient care including intermediate level of care.
The salary range for this position is $240k to $290k. This compensation range does not include our amazing benefits and any incentive payments, based on quality measures and productivity, that may be applicable to this role.
The selected candidate will hold an academic appointment at Weill Cornell Medical College. Academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and credentials.
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership for the Pediatric Hospitalist service.
- Provide clinical and administrative leadership for well-baby nursery
- Assume a leadership role as a pediatric attending on the general pediatric floor, 5-bed intermediate care unit, and newborn nursery.
- Provide consultations and co-management of surgical sub-specialty patients
- Educate, supervise & manage pediatric hospital medicine fellows, residents, medical students and PA students
- Lead quality improvement projects within the department of Pediatrics
- Opportunities are available for research collaboration with the department of Pediatrics from Weill Cornell School of Medicine
- Academic appointments are available from Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Board Certification
NewYork-Presbyterian is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens, located in Flushing, is the largest voluntary hospital in Queens and serves patients throughout the borough and beyond. It is situated in a culturally and ethnically diverse area. This 535-bed tertiary facility is an academic affiliate of Weill Cornell Medical College, and has been an integral part of the community since 1957 with active services in all medical and surgical disciplines. NYP/Queens is the major teaching site for Pediatric and OB/GYN residents of NewYork/Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. In addition, NYP/Queens faculty participate in the education and training of Weill Cornell Medical College students.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group is part of the physician division of NewYork-Presbyterian, one of the nation’s most comprehensive academic health care delivery systems. NewYork-Presbyterian is affiliated with two renowned medical schools, Weill Cornell Medicine and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. In collaboration with ColumbiaDoctors and Weill Cornell Physicians, NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Groups provide coordinated care delivery throughout the region and access to leading healthcare services and world-renowned specialists.
Weill Cornell Medicine is shaped by three parts: Exceptional care, research and education. Weill Cornell Medicine is among the nation’s top-ranked medical and graduate schools, striving for excellence in its education of the world’s future healthcare leaders. Research by faculty and graduate students at Weill Cornell Medicine is collaborative, groundbreaking and patient-focused.