The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) and The Dr. Charles P. Darby Jr. Department of Pediatrics seeks the next Director of the Division of General Pediatrics! This exciting opportunity will allow a qualified candidate to lead a successful academic general pediatric division that is growing its clinical and research footprint. The MUSC Division of General Pediatrics is a strong academic general pediatric division with 15 faculty, 10 of whom completed clinical research fellowship training. Division extramural funding for the current academic year exceeds $1,000,000. The division is represented in leadership positions in pediatric professional organizations such as the Academic Pediatric Association (APA) and the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). All faculty have active research or programmatic activities and routinely present at national meetings. Current practice sites include the pediatric residency continuity clinic, the Level I Newborn Nursery, and 2 community sites, one of which is in MUSC’s Summey Medical Pavilion, a pediatric multispecialty ambulatory hub in North Charleston, SC. The Division anticipates adding two additional community clinical sites and at least 4 faculty in the next 36 months.
- Interacts with other Division Directors, Vice Chairs, and the Chair to grow the Division’s activities in the region and in MUSC’s Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital
- Participates in Patient-Centered Medical Home activities
- Displays a strong commitment to Evidence-Based Medicine and Quality Improvement in teaching and practice
- Shares call with existing General Pediatrics faculty members, to include weekend nursery and circumcision coverage
- Qualified for Associate or Professor rank in Pediatrics or Pediatrics/Internal Medicine
- Board Certified by the ABP
- Commitment to MUSC’s educational missions
- Eligible for licensure in South Carolina
- Record of achievement in individual research or scholarship
- Demonstrated success in developing clinical, research, or educational programs in an academic health center
- Record of mentoring trainees and/or junior faculty
- Budgetary experience leading a clinical, research, or educational entity that would translate well to supervising a large division
Please send letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and any additional materials to Maiya Souvoravong, MUSC Physician Recruitment, at email@example.com
About the Organization
MUSC is located in Charleston, SC. The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need. Charleston is frequently named one of the best places in America to live. If charming, historic, vibrant, cultural, and coastal are adjectives that you find appealing, it’s all here. In Charleston, you might find yourself dining at a world-class restaurant tonight and relaxing on a boat as you explore our many waterways tomorrow. You might stroll along cobblestone streets, amidst centuries old homes by day and attend a jazz concert by night. Charleston is a place where you can live your life to its fullest.