Prisma Health, the largest not-for-profit healthcare provider in upstate South Carolina, seeks a full time BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician to join a growing team in our Division of Child Abuse Pediatrics The position will include direct patient care at Prisma Health Upstate Children’s Hospital and at several Children’s Advocacy Centers. There are opportunities for teaching, with an academic faculty appointment through the University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville. The division is committed to excellent clinical care, teaching, and multidisciplinary collaboration in the community.
- Join a team of 2 general pediatricians, one child abuse pediatrician, and 2 advance practitioner providers, and excellent clinical support staff.
- Perform inpatient consultations in the evaluation of possible child abuse and neglect at The Children’s Hospital, a tertiary referral site for children in the upstate.
- Provide outpatient medical evaluations to a 11-county region in the upstate of South Carolina through 4 certified Child Advocacy Centers.
- Assess the full scope of medical needs of children entering foster care.
- Participate in county multidisciplinary team meetings and fatality review committees.
- Enjoy teaching opportunities for medical students, residents, and multidisciplinary team members.
- Engage with South Carolina Child Abuse Medical Response System, a network of child abuse medical providers, including peer review, quality improvement, and continuing education.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
Successful Completion of Residency; Board Certified or Board Eligible; Medical Staff Privileges
South Carolina Medical License
South Carolina Controlled Substance License
Drug Enforcement Agency Number
Other Required Skills and Experience
Basic Computer Skills
Knowledge of Office Equipment (fax/copier)
Specialty specific skills
Please submit your CV to Lexy.Mason@prismahealth.org
About the Organization