BronxCare Health System, a major teaching hospital and health system, has an excellent opportunity for a fellowship trained physician in child abuse. We are seeking a highly motivated individual BC/BE in both pediatrics and child abuse who is interested in working with an urban/underserved population in a dynamic and growing department. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated to develop a child protection program in one of the highest risk areas in this country in terms of child abuse, domestic violence and human trafficking.
- The Chief of the Child Abuse Program will be responsible for setting goals and implementing a program that responds to the needs of the community. This includes providing leadership to establish short and long-term goals, strategies, plans and polices that promote the safety of children residing in our community;
- Provide child abuse consults in the outpatient, inpatient and emergency department settings;
- Provide on-going child abuse services in an outpatient child protection clinic;
- Provide ongoing education and support to residents and medical students that rotate through the department;
- Provide faculty development as needed to promulgate a robust departmental response to child protection issues;
- Assess the needs of the community and work with CBO’s such as; the Bronx Child Protection Center, Family Justice Center and Bronx Human Trafficking Task Force to address these needs;
- Seek grant funding to support the child protection program;
- Actively participate in departmental activities such as QI, M&M and Grand Rounds;
- Support a child abuse research and scholarly agenda through individual research and the mentoring of resident research projects.
The child abuse specialist will report to and work closely with the Chair of Pediatrics in meeting the above goals. Initially the position will be divided 50:50 between child protection work and general pediatrics. As the program develops more time will be devoted to child protection services.
BC/BE in both general pediatrics and child abuse
Please send resumes to Peter Sherman, MD, MPH, Chair of, Pediatrics at email@example.com.
About the Organization
BronxCare Health System is a large community hospital serving the South Bronx. The Department of Pediatrics includes; a pediatric ED, inpatient unit, PICU, newborn nursery, level 3 NICU and 4 OPD clinics. As an academic center, teaching involves our 44 residents, as well as medical students from Sinai School of Medicine and other programs. The department has an active research agenda as well as multiple grant funded programs, including creation of the Bronx Human Trafficking Task Force.
We are affiliated with Levy School of Medicine of Mt. Sinai Hospital and offer academic appointments appropriate to academic credentials.
We offer a competitive compensation package with a value-based incentive bonus and CME support. Benefits include; robust health insurance, retirement package, life insurance, disability insurance, CME funding and a generous vacation and CME schedule.