The Pediatric department of a leading academic hospital BronxCare Health System is recruiting a full-time academic Pediatric Infectious Disease Specialist. The hospital is a 972-bed teaching and integrated health care system ideally located near the George Washington Bridge with easy access to trains and buses making the location commutable to and from South Eastern NY, NJ and most of the boroughs.
BronxCare Health System is a large community hospital serving the South Bronx. The Department of Pediatrics includes; a pediatric ED, inpatient unit, PICU, newborn nursery, level 3 NICU and 4 OPD clinics. As an academic center teaching involves our 44 residents, as well as medical students. The department has an active research agenda as well as multiple grant funded programs.
We are affiliated with Levy School of Medicine of Mt. Sinai Hospital and offer academic appointments appropriate to academic credentials.
We offer a competitive compensation package with a value-based incentive bonus and CME support. Benefits include; robust health insurance, retirement package, life insurance, disability insurance, CME funding and a generous vacation and CME schedule.
- The Bronx, home to the New York Yankees, is centrally located giving residents and those who commute to work access to everything New York City has to offer
- Mass transportation will ease your daily commute
- Members of the medical staff live in Manhattan and the other boroughs, Westchester, Rockland County, and New Jersey
If teaching, providing outstanding healthcare, working with a complex range of cases, and living and working in the New York area appeals to you, I highly recommend you contact me for more information
This position requires a Board Certified specialist in Pediatrics Infectious Disease who is also Board Certified in General Pediatrics. He/She will be required to perform the following duties and responsibilities:
- To work in BCHS, providing care to an urban underserved, under privileged including minority population, within the catchment area in the South and Central Bronx, served by the Department of Pediatrics.
- To serve as an attending providing primary care to HIV-infected children, teenagers and young adults.
- To serve as a specialist providing specialty care to HIV-infected children, teenagers and young adults.
- To provide consults to all departments and divisions in BCHS in need of services by a Pediatric Infectious Disease specialist, including but not limited to the following areas.
- Pediatric in-patient floor.
- Pediatric Emergency Department.
- Pediatric clinics, including satellite clinics under BCHS.
- Other areas as required by BCHS.
- To assume clinical responsibilities in our Travel Medicine Clinic/Program.
- To participate in all activities as required by the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics and the BLHC Medical Board, including, but not limited to Resident Education, Quality Assurance and Joint Commission activities, among others.
BC/BE in General Pediatrics and Pediatric ID
Please send CV to Peter Sherman, MD, MPH, Chair of Pediatrics
About the Organization