The Division of General Pediatrics at the University of Utah is looking for outstanding pediatricians to join our growing faculty of clinician-educators and researchers. These academic pediatricians will join the growing clinical team of Generalists, Developmental-Behavioral specialists, and Quality Improvement experts. Responsibilities include direct patient care in our general pediatric ambulatory clinics and inpatient care in the University Hospital Well Baby and Intermediate Care Nurseries. In addition to clinical service, there is an expectation for participation in educating future health care providers, conducting research, and engaging in advocacy in settings where normally developing children and children with special health care needs receive high value comprehensive team-based care that is flexible and responsive to new health care delivery models. To learn more about the Division of General Pediatrics, please visit medicine.utah.edu/pediatrics/general pediatrics/.
- Clinical: This position involves direct patient care in the University Hospital Well Baby and Intermediate Care Nurseries and in primary care ambulatory clinics.
- Education: Most teaching will occur concomitantly with clinical activities and will include supervising and training residents and medical students, and may include formal lectures and other educational activities.
- Scholarly activity: It is preferred that the incumbent have experience in education, quality improvement, and/or health services research. Numerous opportunities for collaborative research exist within the Division as well as throughout the medical school and University.
- Administration: Incumbent will be encouraged to assume supportive administrative roles within the Division and on appropriate committees at Primary Children’s Hospital, School of Medicine or University at large depending on their experience and rank.
- MD. or D.O.
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in General Pediatrics
- Medical license in the State of Utah
- Experience in clinical pediatrics
- Experience in teaching and quality improvement projects is preferred.
Interested individuals can apply for the position at https://utah.peopleadmin.com/postings/111574. Cover letter and curriculum vitae will be required. For additional information about the position, please contact: Justin Alvey, M.D., Division Chief, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Organization
The University of Utah values candidates who have experience working in settings with students from diverse backgrounds, and possess a strong commitment to improving access to higher education for historically underrepresented students.
The University of Utah Health Sciences Center is a patient focused center distinguished by collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The University of Utah HSC values candidates who are committed to fostering and furthering the culture of compassion, collaboration, innovation, accountability, diversity, integrity, quality, and trust that is integral to the mission of the University of Utah Health Sciences Center.
Justin Alvey, M.D., Division Chief, at email@example.com.