May 21, 2020
I hope you are managing well despite the anxiety and despair surrounding the coronavirus pandemic. Throughout the pandemic, our APA leaders have been active and dedicated to supporting our members. As you may know, we delayed our efforts to elect new leaders for our organization. We recognize that many of you are still stressed by altered work schedules and other priorities. However, we would like to move ahead with our process to nominate new leaders for the APA.
The APA Nominating Committee is seeking applications for consideration in the nominating process for key leadership roles in the APA. Self-nomination is highly-encouraged and expected. A final slate of candidates will be presented for affirmation by the Board of Directors and for selection through a national election for the following positions:
Candidates for all positions must submit their CV and a letter of interest in order to be considered. Please note the position for which you are applying on the top of the letter of interest.
Candidates’ letters of interests should be max 1-2 pages in length and include:
- Why you are interested in the position;
- What you would like to accomplish during your term in the position;
- Your involvement and/or leadership in the APA;
- Your relevant activities, accomplishments and/or leadership roles within your institution and/or other organizations
- The diversity (e.g. regional representation, discipline, cultural, ethnic, perspective, etc.) you would bring to the position
Position descriptions can be found in the Library of APA’s Community. The election will take place this summer (2020) and those elected will take office next spring (2020). The term of service for each position is:
- President-Elect – 1 year, followed by 1 year as President and 1 year as Past-President
- Research and Workshop Chairs – 3 years
- Nominating Committee member – 2 years
Please submit all materials to Jessica Konrath, APA executive director at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “APA 2021 Election Candidate.”
The deadline to apply is July 13, 2020.
If you would like to suggest a potential candidate, please send their name to Jessica Konrath. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Dr. Steven M. Selbst at email@example.com or Jessica Konrath at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steven M. Selbst, MD
Chair of the Nominating Committee
Academic Pediatric Association